Family Works Coordinator: Managed all aspects of a state grant-funded asset development program for at-risk youth ages 16-21. Coordinated collaborative efforts with seven county partners. Ensured adherence with state grant guidelines. Provided direct service to youth and families at high risk through wraparound programming. Supervised two wraparound specialists. Coordinated multiple community training events.
Mental Health Therapist: Provided outpatient individual counseling, diagnostic assessment, crisis intervention, wraparound facilitation, case management, and mental health consultation for children, adolescents, and their families to support mental health needs. Provided school-based services to students throughout school district including individual, family, and group counseling. Facilitated parent education for parents of children ages 0 through 18. Provided specialized services in maternal mental health and infant/toddler play therapy. Coordinated all aspects of various grant programming including report writing, compliance with standards, program publicity, and fiscal responsibility.
Coordinate Department of Human Services funded initiative to decrease local youth violence and delinquency. Facilitate multi-systemic community-led collaboration through needs assessment, system relationship building, and strategic planning to improve outcomes for at-risk, homeless, and runaway youth. Coordinate and advocate for community-wide trauma training for youth-serving professionals and volunteers. Coordinate Morgan County Juvenile Justice Council (grant-funded). Manage grant-funded program that engages at-risk youth in restorative programming including mentoring, community service, and life and job skills development. Identify and pursue collaborations that build on community strengths to address system gaps and connect youth and families to resources.
Provided intensive home-based individual and family counseling for adolescents with severe emotional and behavioral health needs during residential treatment and their transition back to the community. Utilized Integrated Family and Systems Treatment (I-FAST) framework. Provided additional community psychiatric supportive treatment, crisis intervention, and resource linkage.
As a community organizer and project manager:
- I prioritize equity and social justice.
- I engage community members in discovering and implementing collaborative solutions for their greatest needs.
- I build and cultivate relationships with stakeholders to get the work done.
- I facilitate diverse teams of professionals and consumers in collectively working toward common goals.
- I dive into local data to inform strategies.
- I manage programs that improve outcomes for at-risk and homeless youth.
- I first listen, and then advocate for youth and families.
As a clinician:
- I utilize a solution-oriented and strength-based systems approach to help clients achieve their goals.
- I facilitate teams of professionals in collectively supporting young people and families in improving their outcomes.
- I address drivers to behavior patterns by creatively identifying ways to disrupt the patterns and influence change.
- I build relationships with youth AND their families.
I am looking for opportunities where I can apply my 2 decades of experience in behavioral health interventions, program management, team facilitation, and advocacy. I love research and data, solution discovery, and building relationships with people working for change. The clients I have met throughout my career have inspired me to address community and society issues from a systemic perspective.
I currently coordinate a collaborative county-wide project to reduce juvenile delinquency. In the first year of the project, juvenile arrests decreased by 35%. These gains occurred from a coordinated effort involving cross-sector resiliency and restorative programming, increased access to behavioral healthcare, community-wide training, and systemic policy and procedure change.
I coordinated all aspects of a $475,000 multi-agency state grant-funded project to build assets and enhance service delivery for at-risk youth.
I have designed and implemented all aspects of 10 innovative programs (clinical and systems improvement) to meet the needs of my clients and the organizations where I have been employed.